Saturday, October 6, 2007

Morning in Pittsburgh

Let me join in welcoming folks to this great idea: a conference blog. I haven't had a chance to comment here before leaving my day job (City Manager of Santa Paula, CA) behind yesterday morning. It was a rare day for USAirways to get us from point A (LAX) to point B (PIT) in uneventful fashion.

I have been doing a blog in Santa Paula since November, 2004. I looked back this morning to see what thoughts I shared with my residents on the two previous ICMA conferences I attended since blogging. In 2005 in Minneapolis, I was somewhat profound with thoughts on "social capital" and community outreach. Last year (sort of to my surprise looking back) I just made one general entry from the conference in San Antonio.

I have most of Saturday free, so I am off to meet my good friend and former boss Rod Wood, now City Manager in Beverly Hills, CA for breakfast and then time to explore a little bit of downtown Pittsburgh.

1 comment:

Laura Fitzpatrick said...

Hi, Wally!
I am excited to be blogging with a seasoned blogger - hope to see you soon!