Saturday, October 6, 2007

Thank you to the city managers & communities.....

Good Morning Friends and Colleagues:

As I sit here overlooking the spectacular view of downtown Pittsburgh I am excited to be embarking on another ICMA conference. The learning opportunities are always plentiful as are the networking opportunities. I always find it energizing it to reunite with friends and colleagues and I am grateful for that.

This is the 8th consecutive conference I have attended and I would like to thank my former boss John Szerlag City Manager of Sunny Isles Beach, FL (who gave me my start in the business in Troy, MI) for sending me to ICMA when I was in entry-level. All of you city managers who are providing the same opportunity for your staff should be commended! This is a great learning opportunity.

See you at the convention center!
Laura

No comments: